Special guest today! This post is by someone very close to me who generated this list while sharing libations with a fellow California transplant.
California women in Nashville want to know:
- Why cant I wear sundresses and rainbows flip-flops all year long? (Aka: What’s up with needing two closets for winter/summer?)
- How come all the restaurants are bbqs?
- What is a “meat and three”?
- How come there are no sidewalks?
- How much do I hate the humidity?
- How come everybody is so nice, but they never call you back?
- How do I scrape ice off my car windows?
- How come all the grass turns brown in the winter? Don’t they water it?
- What’s up with the chiggers and mosquitoes? I feel like I’m being hunted for meat.
- Why are all the women mowing their own lawns with push mowers?
- Why don’t they sell wine at Trader Joes?
- Why does Trader Joes “run out” of food when the weather gets cold and it snows?
- Why are lemons and avocados $2 each, when I had a tree in my backyard?
- What the heck is chess pie, really?
- Why do people throw piles of yard waste in their front yards by the curb? It looks like crap.
- Did I mention how much I hate the humidity?
- Where is the beach?
- Why do we have to belong to pools, and why aren’t they open during the winter? Can’t they just heat it?
- Why can’t they sell fresh berries and fruit at the farmers market? Why are there only squash and tomatoes?
And many more…
And you forgot to add: why can’t we leave the windows and doors open?
Pretty funny!!! But at least our water is not rationed!! 🙂