I still try to bike to work once a week. It's a wonderful way for me to get my exercise in while still being a full time worker, husband and dad. I also really enjoy the way my thoughts race through my head during my hour of pedaling. Often, I think of the people in my life who have supported my craziness, particularly my bicycling. Since I've divorced both my motorcycle and the Eurovan, my bicycling is seemingly all I have left to keep my eccentric badge current. So my mind goes to what I'm using on my bike and the people behind them. Here's my list:
- Shoes – Doug, a friend from Oregon bought them for me in the Bay Area almost 20 years ago.
- Jersey – Bought from the High School that Kymberlee worked for
- Cold weather Jersey – the Crum's, my adopted Bay Area family gave it to me for Christmas, somewhere around 15 years ago
- Leg warmers – Kymberlee's Aunt Debi
- Cold weather jacket – My parents
- Socks – My friend Larry, going away present
- Sweatband – A purchase after I completed the Death Ride (129 miles, 15K vertical feet) in 1998
- Sunglasses – My mother-in-law's boyfriend Ron
These things keep my mind on my blessings in life as I ride. I'm lucky to have so many people in my life. I'm lucky to be able to ride to work. Just do me a favor and watch out for us bicyclists out there when you're driving!
Categories: Family, Friends, Local Adventure
Please Leave a Reply!